Plumber Job Duties:
- Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials
- Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids
- Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
- Assembles fittings and valves for installation
- Modifies length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building
- Uses saws and pipe cutters as necessary
- Installs heating and air-conditioning systems, including water heaters
- Collaborates with contractors, construction workers, electricians, pipefitters, and steamfitters in installing and repairing plumbing
- Tests plumbing systems for leaks and other problems
- Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair
- Chooses plumbing materials based on budget, location, and intended uses of building
- Follows health and safety standards and complies with building codes
- Writes report documenting the problem and summary of actions taken
- Performs inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts
- Prepares bids and schedules and oversees other workers, such as apprentices and helpers
To ensure the Planned Preventative Maintenance programme is completed in line with specifications and Work Packages.
What will this role involve?
Routine and non-routine maintenance
Identification of life expired equipment
Check, repair and make good faults and life expired equipment
Inspections, water sampling and risk assessment
Mains water supply repairs
Minimise wastage and continually improve processes
Ensure statutory works are carried out to time and that work is compliant
This role may include working at height and in all weather conditions
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure all works are carried out to the highest safety standards and to the agreed method statements.
Plumber Job Purpose:
Installs, maintains, and repairs pipes and fixtures associated with heating, cooling, water distribution, and sanitation systems in residential and commercial structures. Fixes domestic appliances, such as dishwashers and gas cookers. Inspects drainage and other plumbing systems for compliance with local and national regulations.
Source : Indeed.co.uk