A Facility Operations Manager (FOM) plays a vital role in the Frito-Lay supply chain, driving results and managing change related to all operations functions at a Distribution Center site. Specifically, a FOM at Frito-Lay has three overarching responsibilities: people and team development, site management, and customer service
People and Team Development:
- Interview, hire, and coordinate training for all warehouse team members. Team members are responsible for a number of functions within the Distribution Center: receiving product from manufacturing and moving product within the warehouse; preparing customer orders for delivery; moving full cases or picking and packing an individual mix of product into a case.
- Develop a cohesive and empowered team of 20 – 35 employees with the technical and problem solving skills to execute daily tasks as efficiently as possible. A FOM’s role in this process occurs through three Run Right Venues (alongside presence on the floor). Pre-shift and mid-shift meetings are utilized as touch points to gain a pulse of the team and encourage and motivate the team multiple times each day. Flight Plan Reviews are more formal meetings each period to drive the team towards period and quarterly plan goals.
- Manage all day-to-day people issues such as crewing, safety, specific employee issues, etc. Provide coaching through work withs and administer corrective action as needed.
- Frequent standing, sitting, and walking
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds (occasionally)
- Must be able to see (depth perception, near acuity, and far acuity) and hear
- Must be able to maneuver safely around moving equipment and/or in congested manufacturing areas
- Must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures (hot and/or cold depending upon season and plant location)
- Must pass a drug screen and background check
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, ear plugs/muffs, steel toed shoes, rubber gloves/boots, etc.
- Must tolerate exposed to various packaging materials, raw ingredients, seasonings, cleaning chemicals, lubricants, etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.