Start or open a project in Adobe Premiere Pro. Do so by double-clicking on the purple app icon with the letters “Pr” then clicking on File in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click on New… to start a new project or Open… to open an existing project.
- If the video you want to crop isn’t already in the project, you will need to import it into Premiere.
- Increasing the number value next to Edge Feather in the Effects Control panel will soften the cropped border around the video.
- Click the checkbox next to Zoom to enlarge the visible portion of the cropped video clip to fill the Sequence Preview panel.
- Zooming in on lower resolution video clips may cause the video to appear pixilated or fuzzy.