Galiano Inn & Spa is an intimate boutique resort on Galiano Island. Our 20-room inn is steeped in West Coast inspirations, from our signature spa treatments and creative seasonal menu to our spacious architecture and indigenous garden landscaping.
Our location is perfect. So close to Vancouver, Victoria, and Seattle, while never losing the feeling of being away from it all. We provide a wide range of services including weddings and retreat getaways that have the feelings of exclusivity. The ten West Coast Suites, ten West Coast Villas, comfortable meeting spaces, bright yoga garden room, and expansive dining room and lounge can all be available for you use.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of shift schedule for staff, manage workload, inspect work performance, ensuring effective and efficient restaurant activities and good quality of restaurant services.
- Assist and evaluate the implementation of standard operational procedures for food preparation and service delivery.
- Ensure all production and distribution of food products are complying with sanitation and food safety regulations, and perform regular inspection of food preparation and presentation.
- Organize, maintain detailed financial and administrative records, monitor operation budget, and order kitchen utensils, equipment, and inventory from suppliers as needed.
- Provide training to staff members.
- Take care of issues and customer complaints in a timely manner, shift priorities and goals as work demands change, and report the work to the senior management regularly.
- Plan and prepare dining rooms and lounges for catering arrangements.
- Gather guest feedback to make improvements on menu items and types of services offered in the restaurant in order to showcase seasonal ingredients and improve guest experience.